Can you believe it's almost that time again? Remember how chaotic it was with all the system screw-ups and rules changing day by day? And who can forget this face, affectionately named Glitch Girl by the media. The poor girl had no idea her stock photo would be the face of Healthcare.gov debacle. Needless to say, her picture is no longer on the website. They have had whole year to fix the problems, and hopefully this year Open Enrollment will be a much smoother process.
Information about open enrollment is coming out little by little. Here's what we have so far:
- Open Enrollment dates are November 15, 2014-February 15, 2015
- For 2015, the penalties for not having health insurance will be 2% of income or $325 per person.
- If you have a plan that was purchased after March 23, 2010, you will need to sign up for an ACA compliant plan (unless the rules change). We will notify our clients who need to change plans.
- If you are happy with your plan and your income and employment status is the same, you do not have to re-apply. You will be able to renew your plan automatically. If your income has changed you can update it by calling Healthcare.gov 1-800-318-2596.
- We don't have any rates or plan information yet, and most likely will not have them until the end of October.
If you have any questions about the upcoming open enrollment or would like to review your plan options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.